Wednesday 3 July 2013

Quick tip: Transparent Terminal backgrounds

Ok so 99% of Mint users will already know this, but it's something that I had read somewhere that it was a bit of a fiddle to do, but I was bored one evening so while thinking about if I could customise the Terminal a bit I stumbled across the background settings (Usually very weary of playing with any settings in case I break it!)

Open a Terminal, then click: Edit -> Edit Profile preferences

Along the top you will see the background tab, simply click that and near the bottom you will see the transparency option :D

Just enable and then adjust the slider to the opacity you want, simple!

(Can even use a custom background if you want, but I like to keep mine pretty plain so its easier to read the text).


No comments:

Post a Comment