Sunday 7 July 2013

Easily install Apache web server

With planning on setting up a media/web server when we move house, I wanted to start working on a website for personal access (ie for possible future home automation using Arduino's etc) but as seen as I don't have the server running full time as its just a test set-up on an old laptop at the mo I thought about setting up apache with php and mySQL so that I could develop the webpages on my main pc and test locally rather than having to upload them to the server.

I came across a website back when I was still a windows user and remembered that they also did a Linux dist as well that installs the apache web server along with php and mySQL.

Rather than me trying to run through the set-up etc, it is much easier just to go direct to the website and follow the instructions there.


To install it is very simple and the website walks you through the steps required to get it all running.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment